"Performing Arts Training Today"
is inviting participants - actors, directors, choreographers, dancers, performing arts educators, teachers, musicians, singers, composers, stage designers, painters, mask makers, multimedia artists, scriptwriters, playwrights, theatre critics, journalists and arts managers
December 1 - 4, 2010
Leitring bei Leibnitz, Austria
- "Spreading Roots" - Presentation with Jan Erkert - dance-maker, choreographer and teacher (USA).
- "Fitzmaurice Voicework and the Travel to the Tragedy" - Workshop with Anna Estrada - actor, teacher, researcher (Spain).
- "PLAA - Physical Language Analysis for Actors" - Workshop with Karin Abromaitis - director, performer, movement, fight and dance choreographer, teacher (USA).
- "The Speaker that Cannot Move: How Linguistic Insights Can Inform Dance Practices" - Presentation with Erin Dahlgren - dancer, researcher, teacher (USA).
- "Assessment of Dance Audience Needs on a University Campus. Strategies to build Audiences."- Presentation with Andrew Carroll – performer, teacher and researcher (USA)
- "The Sky Up Above – The Father Project"- Performance by Myrto Bernhardt – actor, teacher and researcher (Greece).
- "The soul of Performance"- music performance by Tami Lee Hughes – musician, teacher and researcher (USA) and accompanist Ellen Bottorff.
- "Watashi Niwa Jishinga Aru: I have a Spine"- Performance with Leslie Ishii – actor, director and playwright (USA)
Please follow the news. The programme has been regularly updated!
Photo of the Past Conference: http://picasaweb.google.ru/globtheatre/IUGTEConference
To apply for participation, candidates should send a brief cover letter with CV/resume.
Registration and contact details: http://www.iugte.com/projects/registration.php
The conference language is English.
The conference will take place in the "Green Heart" of Austria, Styria Region, at the historic 15th century castle.
Accommodation and meals are organized for the group. Nearest international airport - Graz, Austria.